This is a great tool for your WordPress site if you like to use BibleGateway.com to show scripture references. This plugin was developed at Shoreline Community Church in Monterey, CA. We’d love to know how it works for you.
=== Convert to Bible Gateway Link ===
Contributors: jperl, teracomp
Donate link: http://teracomp.net/donate/
Tags: shortcode, bible gateway, scripture, post, page, admin, settings
Requires at least: 3.0.1
Tested up to: 4.1
Stable tag: 1.0
License: GPLv2 or later
License URI: http://teracomp.net/bible-gateway-shortcode
Latest version is here: v1, Bible Gateway Shortcode
This plugin sets a shortcode to automatically convert scripture references to Bible Gateway links.
== Description ==
This plugin provides a convenient tool for linking scripture references to BibleGateway.com.
Administrators establish a default translation in the Settings panel, but authors may override
the default setting simply by adding a [version] parameter in their post or page.
Here are a few examples:
- Default translation applied:
- Override the default by adding the parameter “version” to specify which translation:
Hebrews 10:19-25for the King James Version.
== Installation ==
- Download the plugin and unzip it.
- Upload the folder bible-gateway-shortcode/ to your /wp-content/plugins/ folder.
- Activate the plugin from your WordPress admin panel.
- Installation finished.
== Frequently Asked Questions ==
= What is the default translation after installation? =
Our default translation is NIV.
= Where do I change the default translation? =
Use the Settings Panel, Bible Gateway Shortcode Settings option to select the your default translation
== Screenshots ==
- This screenshot shows how the plugin will show up in your Settings menu.
- This screenshot shows where you set your default version.
- Here’s what your post will look like from the user’s perspective.
- Here’s how you use the shortcode with both the default version
as well as an example of overriding the default version by adding the attribute version=”NLT”
== Changelog ==
= 1.0 =
* Added shortcode support for comments and excerpts (originally targeted only post content).
= 0.9.3 =
* Added bgcsc_style.css for the admin options page and code to enqueue this stylesheet
* Added uninstall.php to remove the three default options
* Added bgcsc_helper.php as a separate file to contain the code that generates select dropdowns
= 0.91 =
* Administrative cleanup, getting ready to move to version 1.0.
* Just need to add an uninstall.php file and a function to handle removing the option on deactivation
== Upgrade Notice ==
= 1.0 =
This initial version incorporates all of the basic required functionality for a WordPress plugin.
Latest version is here: v1, Bible Gateway ShortcodeLatest post: Blog Continues at daverphillips.com